Do you have fiscal year-end money left? Here are some great books for your work library! (Note: you’re helping me out if you buy from the below links–they’re Amazon referral links that don’t increase the cost to you!)
IT management reference guides
Selected Lean books
Ordered by how helpful these books are for the generic IT manager:
- Lean IT
- Toyota Kata
- Managing to Learn
- The Gold Mine and The Lean Manager (novels about Lean)
- Learning to See
- Seeing the Whole
Books about interpersonal relationships
Unordered; these books address different skills.
- Getting to Yes: get more value on the table.
- Crucial Conversations: resolve difficult issues without destroying relationships.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: think about how you are perceived.
- Helping: what does “help” mean, anyways? when might you not really be helping?
- StrengthsFinder 2.0: find your top 5 work-related strengths. (buy it for the unique code in the back you can use to take the StrengthsFinder assessment. Note: you have to buy a book for each person who wants to take the assessment. Note 2: to my knowledge there is no cheaper way to get a code.)