IT service management
- ITIL 2011 Lifecycle Suite (the five core ITIL books)
- PRINCE2: Historically, the complement to ITIL for project management. More popular in the UK.
- PMBOK (/pem’-bok/): The project management body of knowledge. The PMBOK is much less prescriptive than PRINCE2.
- Rita’s PMP exam prep guide: although intended as a study guide, I found this book supplements the PMBOK well. Its style is very confrontational (“if you don’t know this then don’t take the test”) but I found the book helpful.
- Toyota Kata
- Lean IT
- Managing to Learn
- The Gold Mine: a Lean novel about a manufacturing plant in trouble.
- Getting to Yes
- Crucial Conversations
- Getting Things Done
- The 80/20 Principle
- The Cognitive Style of PowerPoint
- Leading Change
- Death by Meeting
See also the Personal MBA’s list of books.